Now I am not a pink girly girl, I am more into bright
colours and zany. Well I thought I
was. Last week I noticed that pink has
started to creep into my life!
It first started with the trio Colclough china set I found in a local op shop. I just had to have it! In the same shop I found a tray cloth (I adore vintage table settings and china).
I have a pretty teapot and for a while I wanted to do
a tea cozy that matched it prettiness.
Most of the tea cozy patterns on the net are for rounder pots. I eventually find a couple of sites that
showed you how to make a cozy to fit the shape of your pot. So, grabbing some very pale pink I started.
It needed some flowers, so I visited Attic 24
and learnt how to do some roses and other open flowers
As you can see it is starting to get rather pink and
girlie! More so when I decided to add
some pearl buttons and do a scalloped edging!
At this stage I started to giggle at myself.
I got a bit carried away and added a tiny flower and
pearl button at the button where the bottom is attached.
Actually, I was rather pleased and proud of it, and
had to go rushing out to show my neighbor it.
Result she wants one for her teapot!
Yesterday showed my bestie and she wants one! I have been told in no uncertain terms not to
call it girlie but romantic. And this
setting does look romantic. My two buys
at the op shop. (Tray cloth and china trio, plus the scarf I crochet over the
last two days.
The scarf is actually a peach colour and the pattern
was a fancy trellis pattern from a
library book on vintage crochet. It will
be ideal for the cooler nights we are now getting with the arrival of autumn. Got to be cozy!
This pretty and feminine stuff is starting to scare
me, think I will get back to my CAL blanket from Little Woolies blog. So far its taken me about 3 months
and I am about 2/3rds through. That
should stop the urge I have to crochet a lacy shawl. But don’t be surprised if you see one soon, I
think I am fighting a losing battle! Because as you know we all have a little bit of romantic girlie stuff inside all of us.
Anyway that has been my week crochet wise.
PS I have asked one of my friends to slap me
if I start to wear pretty pink dresses!
I am linking this to Annemaries Haakblog weekend Link your Stuff.










No comments:
Post a Comment