The sun has just come out, both Princess and I are happy. Me, I can get into the garden and attack the rampant weeds, and Princess can go and hang out in her favourite hidey holes in the garden. Over the last few days, she has been sitting on the front porch swishing her tail in disgust and looking at me as if I could make the rain stop and then stalking off to sit at the window to glare at the rain. Just so thankful we didn’t get any flooding like the north did. My prayers are with them.
I picked my first tomato this morning, I have had the cherry tomatoes ripening, but the others are slow compared to past years. But it was lovely to sink my teeth into the tangy juiciness of homegrown tomato on avocado toast. In fact, my vegetable garden is flourishing. I have managed to grow what the vege box rarely provides which is a plus.
Meals
I have managed to stay on track, with only one misdemeanour! A bag of chips on Tuesday. Rule of the game is not to shop at mealtimes or when you are peckish. I have decided to go back to getting my groceries delivered. I find that I don’t impulse buy and it easier for me without a car now. (I have a mobility scooter but there is only so much you can pack on to them). So, with my fruit and vege boxes once a fortnight, and a grocery shop once a month should see me right. The delivery charges are less than a taxi fare which is a bonus.
Yesterday I made a lentil and sweetcorn curry which was lovely and I had leftovers inside a tortilla today. My fruit was a pear and a peach yesterday and today it was an orange and a small punnet of blueberries.
Arty Stuff
With the bad weather forcing me to be indoors I decided to get my iPad out and play with Procreate (an apt for painting etc). Of course, with Princess looking sideways at me I did several cat theme pieces.
My Wonky box of vegetables has just been delivered, so I need to sort that out and meal plan. It looks like good weather tomorrow, so I’ll be in the garden, I must prune out some of the apples on my apple trees as they are groaning under the weight and I don’t really want small apples. It’s going to be a good year for fruit, my grapes are plumping up well, the fig tree is loaded, and the plums are nearly ready, I haven’t looked at the feijoas yet.
Bye for now,
Sharon
I'm glad the rain has stopped and you and Princess can go out into the garden. Your garden looks lovely and it sounds like you've quite a number of fruits and vegetables growing there. Your meals sound good, too, and having your groceries delivered makes a lot of sense. Your art work is lovely.
ReplyDeleteThanks Bless, my garden is large, lots of room for trees, veges and flowers.Lot of work too, but I have a friend who helps me tame it several times a year.
DeleteYour garden looks full of colour Sharon - so pretty. I love your art work also. Yes we have had so much rain - I don't usually mind rain in summer as it saves a lot of watering, but this has been a deluge & the weeds grow like wildfire!! I need some fine days to sort mine out too. Enjoy the weekend. xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Julie, My garden was a mass of colour before Christmas, roses mainly. I was just having a coffee on the back step and noticed that the lawn has gown and needs a mow, I only did it a week ago, unheard of in January, as here in the Wairarapa the lawn is usually dead.
Delete